A Brief Update

Long time no post. Last time I wrote I had just run 16 miles. Ha! That was so-o-o-o easy. Since then I've done 19 and then, today, I did 23. Good grief, I am trashed. Good news: nothing major broke down. The infrastructure seems to be holding. Bad news: I let myself get dehydrated, and by mile 21 both my feet were so cramped up that they would have made potato chips look flat had there been any such chips around (no such luck). I'm sure that when I did manage to jog a block or two before taking a walking break, my mode of locomotion was grotesque enough to have made Herman Munster look graceful.

I saw many things of interest (staying in motion for 4 hours and 36 minutes gives a person ample opportunity to see things). Of special note were two lovely large white egrets I admired as they rose in the air from the wetlands out by El Cerrito--I guess they were egrets although they were so big they might have been something else. Note to self: when brain feels a little less like week-old cottage cheese, look in bird book. Also notable was a snake. No, it wasn't really orange like the snake in the above photo, but it was about that size and hey, who can resist posting a picture of an orange snake? The one I saw was a shy snake, barely letting me glimpse her tail as she slithered out of my path, off into the bushes. She was black with a white stripe--a garden snake.

I also saw many, many dogs as I slogged on by the local dog park (twice). And I saw a co-worker from a previous job, who was at the park with his pooch. I always seem to run into someone I know when I'm looking like an escapee from the funny farm who's been on the lam for a week.

Anyway, that's it for tonight. I'm pleased and amazed that I'm still on track for the marathon May 6. Fingers crossed, fingers crossed.

Comments

Liz Moore said…
Congratulations on the marathon training session! I envy you the stamina and perseverance needed to keep yourself moving for that long. Keep up the good work.

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?