Account -- Ability, Day 12


Okay, okay. So this should be Day 13. I missed yesterday--so sue me. I have no credible excuse. All I can do today, because yesterday ain't coming back, is to face forward. Besides: Hooray, hooray! It's the first of May!


I was a slug yesterday,
but not today.

This morning I ran / walked over to the gym to meet with my fabulous trainer, Jim. One thing (although not the only thing) that makes Jim fabulous is that he is a strong, agile eighty-year-old. He's a compact, wiry guy who is stronger than you'd ever believe. Trust me, he could bench press Arnold Schwarzenegger with ease if he were so inclined (and if Arnold would let him).

I had a good session--a nice mix of core, balance, and upper-body stuffAfterward, I walked down the hall and into the spin-bike room. It was blessedly dim and quiet--not a single meaty gym rat to be seen. I spun for five minutes, just to see how it felt because the last hour-long spin class I did left me with a slightly gimpy knee. 

Maybe I'll just go in there now and then and spin for 10 or 15 minutes in my peaceful isolation and and call it a day. I figure if I run / walk to the gym and back, I'm off the bike hook at least a little bit. It's better than being a slug.

Hot weather is on tap this week here in River City (aka West Sacramento), so I'll work on getting my exercise done early in the day. But hoorah, swimming can be done even at high noon in the gym's great outdoor pool.


Ps. To get the full effect of the spin-room image, click on it to make it big. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?