I'm Back

Note: Today is January 2, 2018. I actually wrote most of this post last November. I abandoned it in the middle and got on with my day. So here it is--better late than never. Here's hoping I can write again sometime soon.


Some fans of my blog waiting for me to run again and write again 


Well, I'm more or less back. To my readers (all three of you) who've been wondering why my blog has stopped, I'm here to tell you it was stopped because I was stopped. 

This short post is to let you know my blog is back, and that I am back. I have been on the DL since the first week of June. If you're not a runner, hearing about the pain and weakness in my whole left hip/leg chain will bore you into a coma. If you are a runner, hearing about the pain and weakness in my whole left hip/chain will bore you too--mainly because, as a runner, you have either heard all about it before or else you have already experienced every running injury ever known to humans.

So I won't bore you. Instead I will tell you that on November 22 (RIP JFK), early in the morning before the sun was up, I put on my running duds and set my Gymboss interval timer to beep once a minute. I walked from the house over to one of my favorite running paths and started my workout. I ended up walking for one minute, then running one minute, over and over. Before I knew it, staying consistent with this pattern, I had covered 2.76 miles at the over-all blazing pace of 16.26 minutes per mile.

Pretty ordinary, I know. Even sub-ordinary. What was extraordinary was that the entire length of the run, not one body part hurt. I'd forgotten how that feels. Also, two days after that run / walk, I was still pain-free. Since Nov. 22, I have done two more short run / walks. 

It is about killing me to keep my distance under three miles and that at a pace that would make a snail blush; however, I am determined not to derail my recovery by pushing too hard or too fast. That said, I have to let you know that on this morning's outing, quite a few times I extended the one-minute segment to two minutes. OMG: Wild and Crazy me.


I don't know the name of this pond, but it was beautiful when seen ON THE RUN!


Here's praying the coming weeks, months, and years are kind to you and me. May we keep moving in joy, and not in pain.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?