Trying to Get into the Swing of Things


Busy days. Trying to keep my mileage up while working on the endless house remodel project (by working I don't mean hammer and nail-ing -- more like wringing my hands and trying to organize our stuff. Takes a lot of time and energy, that hand-wringing thing). The very good news is that I continue to run. I get my share of aches and pains, but in general, I'm healthy and mobile.

It's been nippy here in the cities by the bay, and even though our chill is nothing compared to what else is happening across the nation, it does take some adjusting to. Getting dressed, from top down: funny looking knit hat, double underwear (TMI?), long-sleeved shirt, running jacket with sleeves that flip over the fingers, light gloves, compression capris under warm-up pants, same ol' Sauconys and socks. Yesterday it almost took longer to dress than to run-walk 10 miles! And the silly thing is, even though the temp was below freezing, by mile 3, I was too hot. 


It's enough to drive a girl out of her tree. Even a lovely tree such as this. 

One compensation for running in the freezing pre-dawn city is that the inky sky is so crystal clear that the stars jump out at you. Unusual around here to feel the heavens are so close! Another bonus is that when the lazy sun finally climbs out of bed, its light is low and as golden as extra virgin olive oil. 



The magic hour indeed!

Hate to post and run, but I need to figure out how to fit 300 books onto a shelf designed to hold 20. After that I'll move two full file cabinets across the newly refinished floor without leaving a scratch. 

May all your runs be easy and all your remodels be over soon, at least before the current millennium is no longer called "new"! 







 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?