Day 15 -- Get the Picture?

That's the question I asked myself after I tried out the camera in my new smartphone by pointing it out the window at the backyard. It took me some time and I'm still not sure how I did it, but I did manage to get the picture, retrieve it and upload it, and here it is.

I like the soft focus created by the dirty window glass!

Once again I've left updating the blog until the last moments of my day. Coming to it this way has set me wondering whether writing about the here and now is inherently an oxymoron. The here and now, the actual here and now, is not the daylight falling on my beloved birch. The here and now is me in my chair, in front or my computer just as I've been most of the day, and longing to be in bed.

So the here and now is writing a post about what I saw earlier today while thinking about what's coming up after this pesky here and now is over. The dishwasher is whirring gently in the kitchen, the cat door just snapped shut behind Danny Mo as he headed out for his last foray before he'll come back in and wake me up by jumping on my chest. The here and now is Z reading a car magazine in bed while I tap away on this post and think about what kind of cereal I should have in the morning. Joe's O's are the best--I decide that's what I'll probably have.

You get this picture. Right now I'm feeling that time isn't a continuum--rather, it's a bubble, a sphere, a big airy place that I'm floating in the middle of. The past is all around me, as is the future. They feel about as real as the present. I know it will be a short distance from floating here in my computer chair to floating in my dreams. Maybe I'll write about that tomorrow, but that's neither here nor there--and neither is it now nor then.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?