I'm a Runner

The final page in Runner’s World magazine is a feature titled “I’m a Runner,” which spotlights famous people and tells about the running side of their lives. Well, today I am a famous person (if only in my mind) and feeling like I can once again say, “I’m a Runner.”

Saturday I did the Jingle Bell Dash in my role as a coach with my running club’s beginning class.

The temperature at the San Pablo Dam Reservoir, site of the Dash, was 34 degrees when I arrived around 8 am. Brrrr. Cold but crisp and beautiful.

I was able to complete the 5K (3.1 miles) without pain—even ran farther than that because I was jogging back and forth among the students. Marco, Cheryl, Marcia, and Mary Ann (see r.) collected some hardware for their great performances in the Dash.

Santa was on hand. Oh, come on. Why not?


Then today! Remember at the beginning of my injury saga how I mourned the mobility I had taken for granted BP (Before Piriformis)? I posted a picture of the UC business school building as a distance marker I could no longer even dream of reaching.


This Morning, it wasn’t the business school, but at least it was Oxford St. and the UC campus.

I did four miles, starting with a walk-one-minute-jog-four-minutes routine. Because I was reasonably pain free, I jogged the entire last .75 mile.

At this, the darkest time of year, it’s fun to feel a little light seeping back into my running life.

Comments

Merrilee said…
Yay! Recovery in a beautiful thing!

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?