Quick One

A brief update before I go to sleep. This morning I went aqua jogging for the first time. A bit weird to have my body submerged in water and at the same time feel sweat forming on my forehead. But it went well. And I think I feel a hair better this evening. I consumed a steady diet of NSAIDs today, and also iced the offending muscle three times. Progress, not perfection is the goal of this recovery effort.

The photos of this day, alas, do not show any wondrous vistas or captivating details of nature spied in the course of a satisfying pre-dawn run. The first one features the view from the bus stop this morning at 6:45, when I waited on the corner for transportation to SF, the swimming pool, and work. This is the time of day I'm used to doing the old left-right-left-right as my body awakens and begins to thrum as I run along. This morning it was the time of day I joined a group of the living dead, also called commuters, in a rattly metal vehicle--which was the only moving thing that did any thrumming.


And the second one is my new best friend, the aqua-jogging vest. What if I told you I almost didn't try it because I'd never done it before and was afraid of looking like a fool in the pool? Afraid with a feeling very similar to the one that seized me yesterday before I went to my first spin class? In both cases I dreaded looking like an ignorant novice, but in both cases I decided I could take being such a creature if only it would help me heal before I went completely stir crazy. And, if you can imagine it, no one paid me much attention at all, either in the spin class or at the pool. I think they were all too busy being afraid of looking like fools. Funny buggers, we humans.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?