Ob-La-Di

Yes, life goes on. For as long as I can remember, every day I've awoken and found that to be true. And every day is a possible running day--such a wonderful thing. And on it goes.


Last weekend I was in Key West for the funeral of someone I used to be very close to. A sad, sad day. A day that was partially redeemed by being a running day--albeit a running morning with the temp already at 87 degrees. Picture it!


Then yesterday I ran in Santa Rosa, in a cross-country race with team Ducks (LMJS). I have no photos. Do have a red bite mark on my ankle where a bee stung me as I flew down the hill toward the finish line. Well, it felt like flying to me. Such fun, notwithstanding the late Mr. Bee.

Finally, this morning I did a 4-mile recovery run on my regular Ohlone Greenway route. I wore no Garmin gps, set no chronograph. Just diddled along, enjoying the cool dawn (no 87 degrees here).

On my leisurely run this morning I took a few moments to admire the details of the historical Berkeley mural, which I have whooshed on by on countless occasions. The details are grand.



So much time has gone by since I last posted. So much time. Ob-la-di, ob-la-da. It's a blessing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?