These Days of Running

I haven't written in weeks. I'm happy to say I've been running a lot, however.


I'm working out with the women's team at the track on Tuesday evenings, plus I'm doing training runs with my running club often on Saturday mornings.

Since I last wrote, I've done two races, taken one fall, and pulled a groin muscle at the gym. Busy times! Also, I have to note that I got really worn out last week. I mean dragging-around tired, spacey, running-into-walls tired. I don't know whether it was from an increase in my running intensity, from my new vegetarian diet, from working too much--or just from being older than I've ever been before. (You are in the same boat as I am on that last count, you know.)

The other reason I might be tired is that time has sped up. It definitely has. I planned to put in a garden in March, and finally got around to doing it today. What? It isn't March? April, maybe? I was so sure it was no later than early May, anyway.


This garden represents the victory of hope over common sense. Believing that these leggy, spindly sets are going to produce a bounteous harvest is kind of like believing the A's will win the World Series this year.


As I worked in the garden earlier today, I slipped into my intrepid wildlife photographer persona and took this picture of one of our more savage backyard denizens. And I survived.


Comments

Sunshine said…
Good to know you are running.
Sunshine said…
Thanks for the encouragement!
Bless you.
Cute spider. . . .

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?