It's the Shoes, Stupid

Singin' in the Rain. That was me this morning when I biked over to Emeryville to meet my friend R. for breakfast. Weather.com said a 10% chance of rain. I think I missed the dry 90%! I was smiling through the raindrops, because my knee is so much better than it was when I posted yesterday.
I smiled when it started to rain, even though I had no slicker. I smiled when I saw this car.

When I last met with my friend R., a couple of weeks ago, she suggested the pain in my left knee might have been caused by my new shoes. Seemed ridiculous, but in desperation I went out and bought another new pair of Sauconys, these a less rigid, cushier pair. They felt so good in the store that I wore them out the door (yes, first I paid for them). By the time I had walked to the end of the block, my knee was noticeably better. Now, a day later, I am practically pain-free. It is hard for me to believe that a short plastic stability strip in the sole of a shoe was responsible for so much pain, but it seems that it was.

I'm singing in the rain
Just singing in the rain
What a glorious feelin'
I'm happy again
I'm laughing at clouds
So dark above
The sun's in my heart
And I'm ready for...a lovely run!

(Lyrics by Nacio Herb Brown.)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?