Another Week in the Books

Along the Lafayette-Moraga Trail

I'm trying these to get the hang of making my posts more specific. As in, here's what I did, here's where I was, here's how I view what I did and where I was and, just maybe, here's why I view everything the way I do.

Tuesday morning and Thursday mornings I was on my usual path, along the Ohlone Greenway and down through Albany under the BART tracks and to the El Cerrito border (Brighton Street) and then home again (see previous post).

Yesterday morning I went to the other side of the hill, where I met with some fellow running club members for a run that started in Moraga. People ran various distances--I just went out for 40 minutes and then turned around and came back. Coming back took 42 minutes. Hey, it's uphill.


The Lafayette-Moraga Trail passes by many backyards.

The day was damp--there was rain before the run and rain after, but no rain on me (no flies, either). I figure I went about 7.25 miles. It was lovely to be on that trail, once I got over my chagrin at being left behind by most of the other runners (there were two behind me, maybe ten ahead). Since last Sunday, when I had that miserable 15K race, I've been feeling old, creaky, and cranky. Never mind that I'm so blessed to run and be reasonably fit--sometimes I just get sad. But I did get over it. Doing the old heel-toe has a salubrious effect that way.

So my mileage for last week was 17.75. Not 20, but not 5, either. My disclaimer for the week is that I've been having a nagging pain in my middle back for a number of days. I'm skipping a swim I had planned for today in hopes of resting it. Stretching and scheduling a massage are other remedies on my agenda. I always say, "Use it or lose it," to which I've now added, "Take care of it or lose it."

My final image is oleanders along the trail. I think the lens of my camera phone was a little misty, no? Or else that bush had an aura that the eye couldn't see. Anyway, the flowers marked my turnaround point, so now you get to see them.



Comments

Sunshine said…
"Take care of it or lose it"... I like that.

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?