Bright, Sunshiny Day

This is a sunrise, as painted by Claude Monet. Yes, once again the sun has come up. And on this day it brings with it a nice clean slate.

Tried to do this last night, but was too beat. Have had a cold and have been short on sleep, but felt better today, as is appropriate for the new year.

Here's what I ended up bringing away from 2006:
  • Number of extra pounds: three. Last Jan. 1, 119. This year, 122.
  • Number of miles short: 20.25. For 2005, 731 total. For 2006, 710.75.
  • Number of races run: four.
  • Number of decades of life completed: six. Jan. 1, 2005, five and some change. Today, the big six-oh (and some change).
  • Number of sore shoulders: one. A year ago, zero. During 2006, broken bone, torn muscle, lingering pain that may go into arthritis.
I'm 5 feet, 4.25 inches tall. I don't eat meat but do eat fish. Don't smoke; haven't had a drink for two years come next Wednesday. Don't swear (too much) or hurt small animals. (What is there about taking stock that turns me away from physical-training issues and toward so many other, random subjects?)
  • Number of fulltime jobs: none. A year ago, one big one. This year, working for da (wo)man, and that would be me.
  • Number of husbands: Finally, something that stayed the same. Still one, a really good one.
  • Number of sons: Also the same. Two, also really good ones. Best in the world, really.
  • Number of nephews: Same as last year here, too. One. (See last citation for an accurate description of nephew.)
Wishes for 2007: To keep on breathing. To do more good than harm. To be granted the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. (This last desire isn't original with me, but I try to keep it in my heart.)

Happy New Year, y'all.

Comments

Bob said…
You weigh 122 pounds?! Quit your kvetching: my right leg weighs more than you, girlfriend! :-)

Seriously, you had a great year and better one is coming up. Happy 2007!

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?