I've Got Red Eyes From Your White Lies And I'm Blue All The Time

I'm not that blue, but loved this song title when I found it at this great site about weird song titles on the Internet (http://www.ohek.co.uk/funnies/fun-titles.htm). My intention was to whine about how quickly time goes by--but I decided why bother. Every time I do, nothing changes, if you can imagine that. Don't know why not.

Between running and working my day job and my freelance job, blogging has slipped on my priorities list. But I've been running a lot, and except for a nagging sore left heel, it's been going well. Z and I are set to run the Ave. of the Giants half marathon on May 7, so we're both tapering a bit this week. ("Tapering": the practice of resting tired legs for a week or two before a big race; the process of tapering off from the usual habit of running like a crazed gerbil for hours at a time.) I've decided it's unrealistic for me to plan on running the SF Marathon at the end of July, so I'll probably do the half and then shoot for a full marathon around September. I still want to do one.

Last Sunday Z and I both did our club's 15-K fun run, which consisted of three 3.1-mile laps around Lake Merritt (see photo). I beat my last year's time by a minute and a half and even felt relatively decent. My average pace was 10.38 minutes per mile. Not exactly Deena Kastor time (http://www.deenadrossin.com/), but not too shabby for an old broad.

Two Sundays ago Z and I went out for a 12-miler but somehow miscalculated and ended up running 16! Some error -- . I ended up being pleased, though, because my training held up and I felt pretty strong. It lessened my anxiety over the upcoming half marathon, which is "only" 13.1 miles long.

I haven't lost weight during this recent mileage increase. I can't seem to resist sweets. I don't eat cookies and muffins every day -- maybe only once or twice a week, really, but when I do I eat the BIG ONES. I've been trying to stick to eating half a bag (or more) of greens at lunchtime, and that does reduce the hunger pangs. I want to write about my theories on eating and nutrition, but that will have to be a different blog.

Comments

Bob said…
Very impressive running. How much faster would you have gone if there'd been chocolate at the end? :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?