On the Road Again

Got in my 5 miles this morning in the cold and blustery dark. Can't fathom where my 4:30 a.m. energy comes from, but rather than question too hard I just give thanks that I have it.

I took a new route today. Ran straight up Allston Way to Oxford--a gentle but unbroken climb. Then I headed north, eventually ending up running down Hopkins to Gilman and back via my old friend the Ohlone Greenway path and then stopping briefly in Dark Park (my name for it) to do some crunches and push-ups. I can now do 10 of the latter if I push up from a bench that is about 2 feet from the ground. That's progress from a couple of months ago, but it's rather glacial progress.

I've about decided to skip my gym workout tomorrow afternoon. Last week being at the gym was a gruesome experience--I was one crankypants dudette. I have free weights and ankle weights at home, and hereby pledge to do a home workout to combat "torpor and sloth" (a Buddhist phrase). If I ride my bike beforehand to get in the cardio component, I should be righteous.

Freezing cold here! Way too much so for March. But better to be breathing frigid air than to be not breathing. I strive to keep that in mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?