September Song

I started working on this post so long ago that I no longer have any clear idea what I had in mind for it (today is October 6). Hmmm. September was a busy month. I think my idea was to touch briefly on what went on for me. About the only way I could even remember was to look at my camera phone for the images that caught my eye as I barreled through the days.

The first part of the month was taken up by our trip back to Connecticut for the wedding of my son the doctor to his sweetie the doctor. The two handsome men above are my boys. The bride and groom are with their sibs, and the dreamy flower girls complete the party. Our Miss Nat, the smaller dreamy gal, is now a veteran flower girl, having been in two weddings this year.

The end of the trip for me was a visit to see my friend M in Rhode Island. I ran two mornings in a row along the Blackstone path in Providence.

My last night, we stayed at M's beach house. No running, but a couple of good long beach walks.

Back in the Bay Area, I went on an exploratory 10-mile run to see whether I felt fit enough to register for the California International Marathon, which takes place in Sacramento December 5. I ran to the end of the Ohlone Greenway and back without dying, so I decided I can probably do the marathon. These are the fall flowers in the wildflower garden at the path's end--pretty sedate compared to the riot of color that lives here in spring.


A week or two (?) later, I did one of the Saturday fun runs our club holds--this one up some killer hills in Briones Regional Park. The views might have been great, but I can't prove it from what I saw that day.

Also, one weekend I travelled to Hayward with the team for a USATF cross-country race (the 6th Annual Garin Park XC Challenge--above is the men's start). It was hot. It was hilly. A great time! The cross-country series is new for me. It's been a revelation. I'd never have thought I'd like running up trails as fast as I could go, but I do.

And check out this candid of some of the team after the race. They look like they're fresh from a stroll in the park.






Last but not least, and apropos of nothing except general adorableness, here is the new family member of my son and daughter-in-law the doctors.

Holly is so sweet I hear they save on sugar bills by just dipping her paws in their coffee in the morning.






Comments

Liz said…
Those are great photos and it looks like you had a very diverse month.

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?